The Next Generation of Philanthropic Leaders
We invite you to join United Way’s Young Leaders United (YLU), a group of caring and committed young professionals on a mission to encourage philanthropy and volunteerism among their peers. YLU members are typically under 40 years old and engage in a wide variety of volunteer projects, networking conversations and social events. You can Join more than 350 YLU members making a lasting difference for individuals, families and neighborhoods in need.
Committed Leaders On A Mission
Whether you live or work downtown or in the suburbs, you can join the more than 350 YLU members making a lasting difference for individuals, families and neighborhoods in need. YLU events and volunteer opportunities are open for all to attend. To enjoy the exclusive benefits associated with membership, an annual donation of $250 or above ($500 for Premier Membership) to United Way is required.
At United Way of Metro Chicago, we leverage the expertise, connections and resources to build stronger neighborhoods for a stronger Chicago region. We work with top business, community, philanthropic and civic leaders across greater Chicago and invest in the most effective nonprofit agencies in the region to improve the lives of millions of individuals.
YLU Membership Benefits
As a YLU Member ($250+), you will receive:
- Opportunities to engage with key community, civic and business leaders
- Unique opportunities to engage directly in United Way's work through volunteerism
- Professional and personal growth through leadership development opportunities
- Invitations to social events where you can expand your network and meet like minded individuals
- Inclusion in our social media network and LinkedIn community
YLU Premier Members ($500+) also enjoy:
- Exclusive invitations to:
- United Way issue-awareness, networking and celebration events in the metro area
- Intimate United Way CEO Briefings
- Our CEO Chat series with Chicago’s top CEOs and community leaders
BUILD STRONGER COMMUNITIES WITH YOUR INVESTMENT AND ENSURE:
- Young children have access to quality early learning programs.
- Underperforming middle school students enter high school on track to graduate
- People are connected with preventative health services.
- Households are economically stable through employment training, financial literacy education and tax filing assistance.
- The needs of approximately 1 million people are answered each year through food, shelter and safety from violence.
- Entire neighborhoods have the support they need to thrive.
Interested in Leadership? JOIN THE YLU ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Get more involved and help make a difference. Committee members take their involvement to the next level by planning programs and initiatives for YLU. Learn more. Committees include:
- Community Outreach
- Member Development
- Special Events