While the holiday season is often thought of as a time of celebration and good cheer, many of our neighbors across the region are facing challenges they can’t tackle alone. As giving is top of mind, we encourage you to do what you can to support your neighbors in need.
Here are five reasons why United Way of Metro Chicago should be at the top of your giving list!
- Our work is helping to relieve families, like the Jenkins Family, of high healthcare costs so they can focus on caring for their loved ones and giving back to the community.
- Thanks to our partners, kids like Courey have access to safe after-school spaces with programs that will prepare them for success in school and their future careers.
- We support neighborhood coalitions, like the Marshall Square Resource Network, that educate and organize residents to march for peace and an end to community violence, while providing robust support services to address trauma and mental health.
- Our employment initiatives are providing job seekers like Christopher with a roadmap to thriving careers that pay living wages.
- Our community partners help young moms like Yahaira stay in school and learn the life skills necessary to create a bright future for themselves and their children.
With support from people like you we’re able to make a lasting impact in the lives of our neighbors. If you’re passionate about giving back to those in need across the Chicago region, donate today!