For too many people in our region, good health—including access to adequate and affordable health services—is out of reach.
- Chronic disease accounts for 7 out of 10 deaths in Illinois
- Cook County ranks as one of the least healthy counties in the state based on length of life, healthy behaviors, clinical care, social and economic factors and physical environment
- Life expectancy can vary as much as 15 years among neighborhoods in Chicago
- 10.6% of Illinoisans lack any type of health care coverage
- 48.6% of Chicago 6th graders are overweight or obese