Director, Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for developing, leading and championing the organizations human resource solutions that support the achievement of United Way’s overall strategic vision. This position provides the opportunity for an experienced HR professional to work collaboratively across the organization to lead and build a highly engaged workforce that delivers results consistent with organizational objectives.
Serves as the primary HR leader responsible for the design and implementation of our people strategy, including: culture design, employee engagement, compensation, training and development, recruitment, change management, and employee relations. The HR Director implements programs with an eye toward enhancing a culture of diversity and inclusiveness.
- Serves as the champion in developing a culture focused on mission, leadership, innovation, inclusion, engagement, talent development, performance and results.
- Provides advice, guidance and support on all employee issues, ensures the effective resolution of queries and concerns and a positive, responsive employee relations atmosphere. Coaches supervisors, peers and staff as needed, yet recognizes when to raises concerns to senior levels and/or outside counsel.
- Delivers strategies that maximizes leadership development, develops training curriculum and sources training/learning opportunities that fall in line with the organizations skills-development framework.
- Manages the performance review and individual development planning process. Introduces processes in response to trends/themes surfaced in the employee performance reviews and development plans.
- Leads change management efforts designed to achieve results and engage, inspire and grow the organization’s human capital
- Oversees competitive compensation programs that provide motivation, incentive and rewards for achieving results. Continually assesses the competitiveness of all programs to ensure systems for equitable compensation provided are within the organization’s established resource parameters.
- Provides leadership, coordination and implementation for diversity and inclusive excellence throughout the organization.
- Partners with the President’s Office and Marketing/Communications on key employee events and communications.
- Ensures organizational compliance with all federal, state and local labor, employment and benefit laws, rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field, SPHR/PHR certification preferred.
- 7+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources
- Expertise in all areas of human resource management including employee engagement, compensation, benefits, policies, employment law, integrated talent management practices, employee relations, recruitment and retention, and professional training and development initiatives.
- Skilled communicator. Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to present information to all levels of staff and to the Board.
- Strong Employee Relations experience and ability to effectively coach managers around addressing performance issues and gaps.
- Ability to understand and articulate the strategic value of integrated human resource/people processes with a strong business acumen, customer service orientation, excellent diplomacy and influence skills.
- Strong organizational development/design and change management experience with ability to lead, plan, manage and implement change.
- Proven track record of building innovative human resources programs integrated with organizational goals and creating and managing performance management processes. Confident decision maker with experience interfacing with Senior Leaders.
- A participatory management and leadership style that encourages high-performance, collaboration, cooperation and personal growth. Demonstrated ability to coordinate the activities of cross-functional teams across multiple departments.
- Guided by a clear set of Core Values and Behaviors - Humble, Hungry, Mission Driven and People Smart, you will join an impressive group of individuals and contribute your diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics to the organization
- Accepts guidance and responds well to feedback
- Displays maturity, good judgment, enthusiasm and personal motivation
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to anticipate workload and effectively cultivate and leverage relationships with colleagues to meet deadlines
- Collaborative entrepreneurial spirit, ability to multi-task and prioritize concurrent projects and day-to-day tasks within a high production and fast-paced environment
To apply for this role please click here.