Corporate Relationship Manager – Resource Development
Department: Resource Development
Reports To: Director, Corporate Partnerships
The Corporate Relationship Manager position is a front-facing, fundraising role responsible for the cultivation, engagement, solicitation, growth, and stewardship of a portfolio of corporate donors with an intentional focus on workplace giving campaigns. In conjunction with the Director of Corporate Partnerships, this role also supports the creation and execution of fundraising strategies for select projects. United Way of Metro Chicago’s Corporate Relationship Manager will contribute significantly to the organization’s fundraising goals and will focus primarily on corporations with a cumulative annual giving capacity ranging from $10,000 to $2,000,000 (and perhaps more). In addition, the Corporate Relationship Manager will be donor focused, results-driven, innovative and knowledgeable about fundraising principles.
- Demonstrate leadership in accordance with the mission and vision of United Way of Metro Chicago.
- Design, present and execute specific action plans to ensure cultivation and stewardship of corporate partnerships plus drive revenue growth through institutional giving (including corporate foundation grant applications) with a strong focus on workplace giving campaigns. Ultimately achieving annual fundraising goals.
- Develop, oversee, and analyze corporate giving goals, projections and pledge information for portfolio of corporate stakeholders. Actively monitor results to goals and engage in corrective measures and recovery strategies, during the year to achieve target results.
- Cultivate and steward year-round relationships with corporate stakeholders including influencers, decision-makers, senior leadership, and potentially C-Suite level corporate stakeholders.
- Partner with broader Resource Development team (Major Individual Gifts, Partner Engagement, Grants, etc.), Community Impact, Marketing & Communications, Operations, Finance, as well as members of our Senior Team to maximize relationships and revenue growth opportunities.
- Lead stewardship efforts in the development and writing of final reports, sponsorship updates, etc., including liaison with broader United Way of Metro Chicago team on proposals and final report budget requests.
- Develop and prepare campaign related materials for Volunteers, Senior Staff, Corporate Ambassadors/Leaders, etc. to support the growth potential of the holistic corporate revenue stream.
- Adhere to data standards and protocols for capturing and recording information related to portfolio of accounts. Utilize ANDAR as primary source of data management practices.
- Attend United Way events, networking events, as well as related meetings where designated corporate and community stakeholders are represented to enhance relationships with current corporate stakeholders as well as cultivate prospective new supporters.
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university and/or equivalent of employment and education experience.
- Professional experience in the Development field, to include: a minimum of 3+ years in solicitation of corporate donors; demonstrated expertise in developing/maintaining strategic stakeholder relationships; a successful track record in proposal writing and planning/administration of donor recognition activities. Experience utilizing Consultative Selling practices in fundraising is preferred.
- Ideal candidate will possess a strong and current knowledge of Chicago corporate community.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to modify tone and communications vehicle to best suit the audience.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a professional demeanor suitable for our highest-level donor base.
- Customer focused, data-driven, innovative, results oriented with strong problem solving, critical thinking, and judgment skills required.
- Possess a collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit, as well as the ability to multi-task and prioritize concurrent projects and day to day tasks within a fast-paced environment.
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office Environment.
- To achieve fundraising goals, spends 50% of time in the field with account. Must have access to a vehicle when necessary with Valid Illinois Driver’s License.
- Perform other duties related to broader departmental operations and special events, and complete ad-hoc projects, as assigned.
- Guided by a clear set of CORE VALUES AND BEHAVIORS - Humble, Hungry, Mission Driven and People Smart, you will join an impressive group of individuals who each brings a remarkable and diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics to the organization.
- Ability to anticipate workload and effectively leverage relationships with colleagues to meet deadlines and produce high quality work.
- Accepts guidance and responds well to feedback. Displays maturity, good judgment, enthusiasm, personal motivation and development.
To view the full position description, including requirements and core responsibilities, and to apply for this role please click here.