Business Development Coordinator
Department: Resource Development
Reports To: Vice President, Business Development
The Business Development Coordinator supports all efforts focused on the cultivation of new business relationships and workplace donors therein. This includes follow-up on outreach efforts, data tracking, relationship development activities, and the various administrative tasks needed to ensure the New Business Team operates efficiently and effectively. The role also includes researching of new prospects, staffing volunteer engagement events, as opportunities arise and contributions to all of the outreach needed to establish new business relationships.
- Support prospect cultivation process; Ensure the daily process is moving along efficiently.
- Maintain accurate prospect list, including status of activities and progress in cultivating new names.
- Conduct appropriate research on companies/individuals to gather information needed to conduct targeted and well informed prospect meetings.
- Track revenue from business development efforts, including inputting metrics into UWMC databases.
- Assist the Team with scheduling internal/external meeting, meeting coordination, preparation of meeting materials and post meeting follow ups.
- Coordinate CEO calls by UWMC Ambassadors and Board Members, helping to prepare information, scheduling call prep discussions and moving next steps along the cultivation process.
- Oversee mailings, invitations, thank you’s and other correspondence with this population.
- Maintain an individual portfolio of prospects and cultivate them into relationships with United Way.
- Achieve revenue goal as assigned.
- Administrative support as needed.
- Serve as a point of contact for new business inquiries through the volunteer portal, email and phone outreach.
- Provide administrative support to Business Development Team, which includes calendar management, processing expense reports, organizing and maintaining files, travel arrangements, invoice support, maintaining general office systems, ordering supplies.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High School diploma, GED or equivalent combination of employment and education and/or relevant experience.
- Minimum two years work experience in fundraising, account management and sales or related field.
- Superior written, verbal communication and presentation skills. Passionate communicator, articulating the United Way message in a way that inspires others to give.
- Highly organized, forward looking thinker, self-motivated, meticulous attention to details and results oriented coupled with a desire to deliver high level customer service to potential donors.
- Comfortable cultivating new relationships with potential donors or volunteers. High degree of professional integrity to deal ethically with confidential information.
- Utilizes ANDAR as primary source of data management and recording information related to portfolio of accounts. Adheres to data standards and protocols established by Pledge Processing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook and Word) and Databases.
- In support of facilitating outbound meetings with donor companies, candidates must have access to a vehicle when necessary with Valid Illinois Driver’s License.
- Guided by a clear set of CORE VALUES AND BEHAVIORS - Humble, Hungry, Mission Driven and People Smart, you will join an impressive group of individuals and contribute your diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics to the organization.
- Accepts guidance and responds well to feedback.
- Displays maturity, good judgment, enthusiasm and personal motivation.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to anticipate workload and effectively cultivate and leverage relationships with colleagues to meet deadlines.
- Collaborative entrepreneurial spirit, ability to multi-task and prioritize concurrent projects and day-to-day tasks within a high production and fast-paced environment.
To view the full position description, including requirements and core responsibilities, and to apply for this role please click here.
The responsibilities listed above are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work required in the role. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The incumbent may asked to perform other duties as assigned.