Account Liaison – Resource Development
Department: Resource Development
Reports To: Director, Corporate Partnerships
FSLA: Non-Exempt, Hourly
The Account Liaison is a fundraising professional hired for a short-term assignment (3 months) and is accountable for providing high-level support to the Resource Development Department on all components of the United Way of Metro Chicago’s fundraising campaign (planning, organization, implementation and successful completion of the current year’s campaign).
- Serve as backup to the Relationship Manager on all aspects of account management which includes working with Campaign Leaders to schedule, plan, facilitate, manage, and/or assist in campaign fundraising activities, such as: kick-off events, employee solicitation meetings and volunteer projects (Days of Caring).
- Demonstrate comfort and effectiveness in soliciting financial contributions from various donor companies.
- Consistently use the UWMC database to maintain accurate and timely records of all information for each account.
- Conduct or assist in training sessions for company campaign solicitors to include information on community building programs and on the process for raising and investing funds.
- Address employees at campaign events using United Way messaging, and serve as an ambassador at all times by communicating the mission of United Way of Metropolitan Chicago.
- Undertake administrative duties as required (ordering campaign supplies, assembling presentation materials, scheduling appointments, etc.).
- Research business development opportunities to generate new resources for United Way.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned by the management team.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or 2-3 years of equivalent experience in fundraising, account management, or sales. Experience utilizing Consultative Selling practices a plus.
- Customer-focused, data driven, innovative, and results oriented. Strong problem-solving, critical-thinking, and judgment skills required.
- Polished written and oral communication skills. Comfortable presenting and articulating United Way of Metro Chicago's message in front of large groups.
- Possess a collaborative spirit, as well as the ability to multi-task and prioritize concurrent projects and day-to-day tasks within a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and consistent delivery of high-level customer service.
- Must be able to occasionally work non-traditional work hours.
- To achieve fundraising goals, spends 50% of time in the field with accounts. Must possess a valid Illinois Driver’s License and have access to a vehicle when necessary.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) is desired. Relational Database experience is preferred.
- Guided by a clear set of Core Values and Behaviors - Humble, Hungry, Mission Driven and People Smart, you will join an impressive group of individuals and contribute your diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics to the organization.
- Accepts guidance and responds well to feedback.
- Displays maturity, good judgment, enthusiasm and personal motivation.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to anticipate workload and effectively cultivate and leverage relationships with colleagues to meet deadlines.
- Collaborative entrepreneurial spirit, ability to multi-task and prioritize concurrent projects and day-to-day tasks within a high production and fast-paced environment.
To view the full position description, including requirements and core responsibilities, and to apply for this role please click here.