Get to Know Wendy DuBoe, Interim CEO of United Way of Metropolitan Chicago
A Message from Wendy:
As part of our newest SPEAK UNITED Blog series featuring Wendy DuBoe, we thought this would be a great opportunity to get to know her better. Here are 10 things you may not know about our Interim CEO, Wendy DuBoe.
1. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Full speed ahead.
2. Who has been the most important mentor/influence in your life?
Of all the world leaders I’ve been most moved by Gandhi…Closer to home, I really learned a lot from David Speer over the past few months and treasure those learnings.
3. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Morton Grove – first town to institute gun control.
4. What was your very first job?
My very first job was as a cashier at the local pharmacy (next to the dry cleaners). I was 14 and so proud to have a job!
5. If you had one extra hour of free time a day, how would you use it?
I would learn to paint.
6. If you became a teacher/professor, what subject would you teach?
I’d love to teach art history or philosophy.
7. What is your favorite song on your iPod right now?
“Simply Beautiful” (BB King/Queen Latifah)
8. What is your favorite thing about working at United Way?
I believe we always work to do the right thing.
9. What do you see as the most pressing issue in our region?
10. Why should people get involved in United Way?
Public resources for human services are falling off. We are the biggest way to make an impact in the private arena. Not everyone knows it yet, but United Way is the best way to mobilize resources for the greatest community good. They will know it soon!!
Stay tuned for our next SPEAK UNITED blog with Wendy!