The Next Generation of Philanthropic Leaders
You are invited to join United Way’s Young Leaders Society (YLS), a group of fun and caring and committed young professionals on a mission to encourage philanthropy and volunteerism among their peers. YLS members are typically under 40 years old and engage in a wide variety of volunteer projects, networking conversations and social events. Join more than 500 active donors age 40 years and younger and attend exciting fundraising and networking events with United Way.
Committed Leaders On A Mission
Whether you live or work downtown or in the suburbs, you can join the more than 500 YLS members making a lasting difference for individuals, families and neighborhoods in need. YLS events and volunteer opportunities are open for all to attend. To enjoy the exclusive benefits associated with membership, an annual donation of $250 or above ($500 for Premier Membership) to United Way is required.
At United Way of Metropolitan Chicago, we leverage the expertise, connections and resources to transform individual lives and entire neighborhoods. We work with the top business, community, philanthropic and civic leaders across Chicagoland and invest in the most effective nonprofit agencies in the region to improve the lives of millions of children and families.
Upcoming yls Events
YLS members give annual gifts of $250-$499 and Premier members give annual gifts of $500 or above. Donations can be made at one time or in monthly/ quarterly installments.
YLS Membership Benefits
As a YLS Member ($250+), you will receive:
- Opportunities to engage with Chicago's top CEOs and community leaders
- Opportunities to get involved in community beautification projects, e-mentoring programs, youth engagement, employment skills development and more
- Professional and personal growth opportunities through learning and leadership development events
- Invitations to social events where you can expand your network and meet like minded individuals
- Inclusion in our social media network and LinkedIn community
YLS Premier Members ($500+) also enjoy:
- Discounted tickets to Ignite, our biggest YLS event of the year, as well as access to the exclusive VIP Reception beforehand
- Exclusive invitations to:
- United Way issue-awareness, networking and celebration events in the metro area
- Intimate United Way CEO Briefings hosted by United Way’s President & CEO, Wendy DuBoe
- Our CEO Chat series with Chicago’s top CEOs and community leaders
YOUR MEMBERSHIP DONATION ENSURES:
- Underperforming middle school students enter high school on track to graduate.
- Young children have access to quality early learning programs.
- Households are economically stable through employment training, financial literacy education and tax filing assistance.
- People are connected with preventative health services.
- The crisis needs of approximately 1 million people are answered each year through food, shelter and safety from violence.
Interested in Leadership? JOIN THE YLS ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Get more involved and help make a difference. Committee members take their involvement to the next level by planning programs and initiatives for YLS. Learn more. Committees include:
- Community Outreach
- Member Development
- Special Events