Who We Are
The Women’s Leadership Council (WLC) is a group of philanthropic leaders dedicated to making a lasting difference in Chicago area communities. Through WLC, women volunteer, network and develop professionally while advancing the common good in education, income and health to communities that need them the most through United Way’s LIVE UNITED 2020 community-impact plan.
Whether you work or live downtown or in the suburbs, be a part of this dynamic group of women leaders. Together, we use our collective power to drive real impact.
Our Mission: Mobilize the caring power of women to advance the common good in the community.
SPECIAL THANK YOU TO OUR 2015-2016 WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP COUNCIL CHAIRS & WLC ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Founder and CEO,
“As a business owner and mother, I’m incredibly proud of the United Way’s Women’s Leadership Council. It’s inspiring work convening accomplished and extraordinary women to improve many lives in our community and also empower women in our region.”
Dorri C. McWhorter
CEO, YWCA of Metropolitan Chicago
“The Women’s Leadership Council gives me the unique opportunity to make an impact in our community by working with women who are passionate about building stronger communities together.”
WLC members lead by example by giving to United Way at the Leadership Giving level of $1,000 or more annually. They are counted among a group of truly extraordinary women who come together to celebrate philanthropic leadership and what’s possible when we advocate for lasting change in our community.
We: Give, Mentor, Network, Learn, Advocate, Share, Care, Volunteer and Solve!
United Way Women’s Leadership Council is a powerhouse of women’s philanthropy. It’s the world’s largest women’s group with more than 60,000 women in 155 communities across six countries. Together we have raised in excess of $1 billion throughout the United Way network.
ENJOY MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT, YOU WILL ENJOY:
- Invitations to our intimate CEO Briefings, hosted by United Way’s President & CEO, Wendy DuBoe
- Updates on key issues impacting our communities
- Membership in our Leadership Giving Circle
- Opportunities to connect and collaborate with business and civic leaders
- Access to exclusive WLC and United Way events throughout the region
- Unique opportunities to engage in our work through volunteering with partner agencies
- A free subscription to Chicago Magazine
- Online recognition in United Way’s Annual Report
- Opportunities to win great prizes in our annual Leadership Giving Drawing, including suites and tickets to Chicago’s best sporting events, VIP museum passes and more
- Access to our social media network and LinkedIn community
WLC Breakfast and a Conversation
Featuring Deb DeHaas, UWMC Board Member and Vice Chairman, Chief Inclusion Officer at Deloitte
August 10, 2016
Generously hosted by Deloitte.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Ask your business or other organization to host a WLC Lunch and Learn. Lunch and Learn sessions bring together current and potential WLC members to share information about WLC’s work in the community and how women can get involved to change the story for children and families across our region.
If you would like to host a session or would like more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Women’s Leadership Council, please call 312.906.2246 or email email@example.com.
For more information about the Women’s Leadership Council, please call Barbara Khalouf at 312.906.2246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org