Who We Are
The Women’s Leadership Council (WLC) is a network of Chicago’s philanthropic leaders dedicated to making a difference in Chicagoland communities. Through WLC, women volunteer, network and develop professionally while advancing the common good in education, income and health through United Way’s LIVE UNITED 2020 community-impact plan.
Kathleen Henson, Founder and CEO, Henson Consulting
“As a business owner and mother of two daughters, I’m incredibly proud to be part of the United Way’s Women’s Leadership Council and supporting United Way’s national focus on education, income and health. Our exclusive group recognizes the extraordinary women of our city who are committed to giving back, while at the same time developing and encouraging the female leaders of tomorrow. It’s truly an exciting time to be part of this organization.”
Dorri C. McWhorter, CEO, YWCA of Metropolitan Chicago
“The Women’s Leadership Council allows me to make an impact in the lives of others by working with other women who are passionate about investing in education, income and health initiatives. We are building great relationships with each other while building stronger communities together.”
WLC members contribute to United Way at the Leadership Giving level of $1,000 or more annually. They are counted among a group of extraordinary women that come together to celebrate philanthropic leadership and advocate for lasting change in our communities.
- Learn about important issues impacting our community
- Advance causes you care passionately about while connecting and collaborating with other women at WLC social and networking events
- Opportunity to volunteer at United Way Partner Agencies
- Recognition in the United Way Leadership Giving Directory or Tocqueville Society Registry
- Invitations to Quarterly CEO Briefings with United Way President & CEO, Wendy DuBoe, and other United Way events
- WLC newsletters providing updates on the impact of your investment and ways to get involved
May 7, 2014: Quarterly CEO Briefing
Host a Lunch and Learn:
WLC invites your company or women’s employee resource group to host a Lunch and Learn, bringing together potential and current WLC members to share information about our work in the community and how women can get involved to change the story for children and families across our region.
For more information about the Women’s Leadership Council, please call Rebecca M. Hill at 312.906.2206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org