Alex Murphy, UWMC Senior Manager of Health United Way’s work to connect families to health care providers and preventive health services aligns with our mission to support strong communities. Read More »
Education. Income. Health.
We envision a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives.
Learn more »
The Local Need:
- Approximately 47,000 people (ages 16-69) are unemployed.
- Many residents are stagnated in low-paying and non-career path positions.
- Several areas in the region have median incomes of less than half the national average.
- Over 14,000 people (age 25+) have an education level of 12th grade or less.
- In the Southland region, approximately 12.5% of the region’s population lives under 200% of the federal poverty level, ($44,000 for a family of four) with some areas experiencing levels higher than 20%
Speak United Blog
Raise your voice for working families this Friday, January 30, on Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Awareness Day. The EITC helps lower-wage working families keep more of what they earn. Read More »
United Way’s Bill Green talks with Val Warner of Windy City Live about the truth and myths related to health insurance and the Health Care Marketplace as part of Youth Enrollment Week. Read More »
Join in on something fabulous and treat yourself to something beautiful at either Soma or Chico’s! 15% of all sales at Soma and 10% of all sales at Chico’s will benefit the United Way Women’s Leadership Council’s vital mentoring programs. Read More »
Recent media coverage illustrates United Way of Metropolitan Chicago’s role on different levels in leading and resourcing change in our region. Part of United Way’s unique value is that we do play the role of advocate, funder, partner, and innovator on both a neighborhood and regional level. Read More »
UWMC TweetsFollow @unitedwaychi
#WomensHistoryMonth comes to a close today. What are you doing to make history today and everyday?
April Food Day goal: Meet need until fall fw.to/kUJzaLL Don't forget that April Food Day is Wednesday!
Join our South-Southwest Office for April Food Day on Wednesday! uw-mc.org/ssw/april-food…
The weather is warming up and it's the perfect time to train for a race! Join us for the United Way 5K or join our #ChicagoMarathon team!