On Saturday May 9, let’s support our Letter Carriers during there annual food drive by leaving a grocery bag of non-perishables next to our mailboxes along with our regular mail delivery. Read More »
Education. Income. Health.
We envision a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives.
Learn more »
The Local Need:
- Approximately 47,000 people (ages 16-69) are unemployed.
- Many residents are stagnated in low-paying and non-career path positions.
- Several areas in the region have median incomes of less than half the national average.
- Over 14,000 people (age 25+) have an education level of 12th grade or less.
- In the Southland region, approximately 12.5% of the region’s population lives under 200% of the federal poverty level, ($44,000 for a family of four) with some areas experiencing levels higher than 20%
Speak United Blog
In honor of Mother’s Day and all the incredible mothers in our lives, UWMC staff shares the best advice they’ve ever received from moms! Happy Mother’s Day to all of the special women who support us every day! Read More »
In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week, United Way staff want to share shout outs and thank you’s to some of the teachers who have helped shape us into the people that we are today. Read More »
Thanks to all who joined in the fun for the 6th Annual United Way 5k last Saturday! More than 800 runners and volunteers spent a beautiful day at Cantigny Park in Wheaton raising $45,000 for critical resources in health access and education. Read More »
Meet Pat Bartler, a long-time United Way supporter and great friend of the organization. We asked Pat to share a little about how she became involved with United Way of Metropolitan Chicago and what has motivated her to stay engaged for many years. Read More »
UWMC TweetsFollow @unitedwaychi
Happy Memorial Day Weekend! This means it's officially summer, right? It's finally here, #Chicago!
Golf, network and support our neighborhoods NEXT SATURDAY at our 7th Annual Golf Outing! uw-mc.org/ssw/golf-class…
Hit the links with United Way! Our 7th Annual Golf Outing is on May 30! uw-mc.org/ssw/golf-class…