Spotlight on the PepsiCo Foundation West Chicago Neighborhood Network Partnership May is National Physical Fitness and Sports Month – a great time to celebrate the benefits of being active! Read More »
Education. Income. Health.
We envision a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives.
Learn more »
The Local Need:
- Approximately 47,000 people (ages 16-69) are unemployed.
- Many residents are stagnated in low-paying and non-career path positions.
- Several areas in the region have median incomes of less than half the national average.
- Over 14,000 people (age 25+) have an education level of 12th grade or less.
- In the Southland region, approximately 12.5% of the region’s population lives under 200% of the federal poverty level, ($44,000 for a family of four) with some areas experiencing levels higher than 20%
Speak United Blog
We are so excited to welcome Deborah E. Stevens, a skilled financial professional with significant financial management and leadership experience in both the for-profit and non-profit sectors, as the organization’s Chief Financial Officer. Read More »
Wendy DuBoe talks with students about Character Playbook Chicago Bears & United Way Metropolitan Chicago Host Kickoff Prior to the NFL Draft The NFL and United Way Worldwide today announced the national launch of Character Playbook, a new national education initiative focused on youth character development and healthy relationships. Read More »
United Way of Metropolitan Chicago joins Metropolitan Family Services and Access Living in addressing the City Club of Chicago on the future of human Services in Illinois amidst the budget impasse Wendy DuBoe, President and CEO of United Way of Metropolitan Chicago, Ric Estrada, President and CEO of Metropolitan Family Services and Marca Bristo, President and CEO of Access Living shared data and perspectives on the extreme damage being done to individuals, communities and the human services sector because of the budget impasse at the City Club of Chicago on March 28. Read More »
A Snapshot of the Impact on Human Services of the State Budget Impasse No state funding is flowing for adult education and job training services. Read More »
UWMC TweetsFollow @unitedwaychi
Today is our 8th Annual Golf Classic! Tweet us photos using #UWMCGolf