“As our Team United Way runners begin training for the 2014 Bank of America Chicago Marathon, we’re sharing their... Read more »
Education. Income. Health.
We envision a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives.
Learn more »
The Local Need:
- Approximately 47,000 people (ages 16-69) are unemployed.
- Many residents are stagnated in low-paying and non-career path positions.
- Several areas in the region have median incomes of less than half the national average.
- Over 14,000 people (age 25+) have an education level of 12th grade or less.
- In the Southland region, approximately 12.5% of the region’s population lives under 200% of the federal poverty level, ($44,000 for a family of four) with some areas experiencing levels higher than 20%
Speak United Blog
Thanks to all your great work, we raised over $11,000 at our YLS Evening with Rock Stars event, bringing... Read more »
Report from Xavier Ramey, Senior Manager of Community Investment – Income, United Way of Metropolitan Chicago For many people,... Read more »
How did you first get involved with United Way? I first got involved in United Way while working for... Read more »
Last July, United Way of Metropolitan Chicago was awarded a grant by the State of Illinois to help guide... Read more »
UWMC TweetsFollow @unitedwaychi
With less than a month until West Chicago LUNN launch @BMO kicks us off with donation of backpacks with school supplies to children in need!
UWMC congratulates Mandee Polonsky, who was named one of the top 36 Under 36 Jewish Professionals in Chicago! bit.ly/WeAKbI
Thanks to Crystal House who designed & created the BEAUTIFUL awards given out at United Way's Community Celebration! crystalhouse.us