Share your holiday cheer with a family in need in one of UWMC’s Neighborhood Network communities! Your generous gift... Read more »
Education. Income. Health.
We envision a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives.
Learn more »
The Local Need:
- Approximately 47,000 people (ages 16-69) are unemployed.
- Many residents are stagnated in low-paying and non-career path positions.
- Several areas in the region have median incomes of less than half the national average.
- Over 14,000 people (age 25+) have an education level of 12th grade or less.
- In the Southland region, approximately 12.5% of the region’s population lives under 200% of the federal poverty level, ($44,000 for a family of four) with some areas experiencing levels higher than 20%
Speak United Blog
Recent media coverage illustrates United Way of Metropolitan Chicago’s role on different levels in leading and resourcing change in... Read more »
Join Flossmoor Station Restaurant & Brewery and South-Southwest Suburban United Way for a day of giving back just by... Read more »
United Way of Metropolitan Chicago has once again partnered with Chicagoland non-profit agencies to answer questions related to health... Read more »
Thank you to everyone who shared their gratitude for our great city and suburbs. We are grateful to live... Read more »
UWMC TweetsFollow @unitedwaychi
Your investment in @unitedwaychi can fund a food pantry, afterschool program and a job training program. Make you year end gift go further!
Avoid a penalty by enrolling in health care! Find out about options tonight from 6-9 at the Annoyance Theater! ow.ly/i/7SK0B
Remember to sign-up by Dec 15 for health coverage beginning Jan 1! Get more info at the Annoyance Theater on Monday night 6pm-9pm
Help UWMC make a difference for families and individuals across the region this holiday season. donate.uw-mc.org/page/contribut…