The holiday season is drawing near which means that United Way is gearing up for the annual holiday donation drive to support approximately 300 families in two United Way Neighborhood Network communities — Brighton Park on the Southwest Side of Chicago and Robbins/Blue Island in South Suburban Cook County. Read More »
Education. Income. Health.
We envision a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives.
Learn more »
The Local Need:
- Approximately 47,000 people (ages 16-69) are unemployed.
- Many residents are stagnated in low-paying and non-career path positions.
- Several areas in the region have median incomes of less than half the national average.
- Over 14,000 people (age 25+) have an education level of 12th grade or less.
- In the Southland region, approximately 12.5% of the region’s population lives under 200% of the federal poverty level, ($44,000 for a family of four) with some areas experiencing levels higher than 20%
Speak United Blog
Dear Friends and Supporters, As we enter a new school year after what we hope was a good summer for all of you, we thought it a good time to reach out and share more about the work and impact you’re making possible with your support of United Way of Metropolitan Chicago. Read More »
Next in our blog series is Apollo Moreno, a United Way Loaned Executive in the Major and Planned Gifts department. Read on to find out why Apollo decided to run for the United Way. Read More »
As our Team United Way runners continue to train for the 2015 Bank of America Chicago Marathon, we’re sharing their stories with all of you – their supporters! Read More »
Join YLS for their fall After 5 event.