Share your holiday cheer with a family in need in one of UWMC’s Neighborhood Network communities! Your generous gift... Read more »
Education. Income. Health.
We envision a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives.
Learn more »
The Local Need:
- Approximately 47,000 people (ages 16-69) are unemployed.
- Many residents are stagnated in low-paying and non-career path positions.
- Several areas in the region have median incomes of less than half the national average.
- Over 14,000 people (age 25+) have an education level of 12th grade or less.
- In the Southland region, approximately 12.5% of the region’s population lives under 200% of the federal poverty level, ($44,000 for a family of four) with some areas experiencing levels higher than 20%
Speak United Blog
The Windy City, Second City, Chitown, Chicagoland, City of Big Shoulders, The Chi, and sometimes….Chiberia No matter what we... Read more »
Hub Feeder Drivers of UPS Local 705 and 710 gathered at the CACH facility (Chicago Area Consolidated Hub) on November... Read more »
The Downtown Naperville Alliance marks the beginning of every holiday season with a series of sculptures sponsored by local businesses... Read more »
Our very own Deirdre Asnis (UWMC Director of Corporate Programs and Projects) will be running for Team United Way... Read more »
UWMC TweetsFollow @unitedwaychi
Congratulations to @ChildServ on the occasion of their 120th Anniversary Gala. We’re so proud to work with you.
Spread the joy this holiday by adopting a family with UWMC! uw-mc.org/united-way-ado…