Join fellow Campaign Leaders to learn about A.I.R. (Accountability, Incentives and Recognition) and keys to a successful United Way campaign.
Education. Income. Health.
We envision a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives.
Learn more »
The Local Need:
- Approximately 47,000 people (ages 16-69) are unemployed.
- Many residents are stagnated in low-paying and non-career path positions.
- Several areas in the region have median incomes of less than half the national average.
- Over 14,000 people (age 25+) have an education level of 12th grade or less.
- In the Southland region, approximately 12.5% of the region’s population lives under 200% of the federal poverty level, ($44,000 for a family of four) with some areas experiencing levels higher than 20%
Speak United Blog
United Way of Metropolitan Chicago, as one of 52 local United Ways represented by United Way of Illinois, has endorsed an open letter to the Governor and Illinois General Assembly leadership asking them to work together to promptly pass a state budget. Read More »
BMO Financial Group and BMO Harris Bank care about the communities they serve. That’s evident not just by their more than $4 million in support—with substantial support from employee donations—for United Way’s work, but by the volunteer hours (more than 1,600) contributed by their employees, and BMO Harris Bank’s investment in United Way’s Neighborhood Network Initiative. Read More »
As the largest private funder of human services in the region, United Way of Metropolitan Chicago understands that quality delivery of human services is critical to both serving our most vulnerable citizens, and to improving the economic future of our state. Read More »
United Way of Metropolitan Chicago President and CEO, Wendy DuBoe, and United Way of Illinois Chairman, Mark Burton, pen op-ed on importance of human service investment amidst budget crisis. Read More »
UWMC TweetsFollow @unitedwaychi
Monday motivation! Be healthy and happy! http://t.co/1iCAjAV1U7
Stay active and healthy this summer at one of Chicago's many parks! chicagoparkdistrict.com