Share your holiday cheer with a family in need in one of UWMC’s Neighborhood Network communities! Your generous gift... Read more »
Education. Income. Health.
We envision a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives.
Learn more »
The Local Need:
As part of a network of support for LIVE UNITED 2020, United Way North-Northwest serves communities across the northwest suburbs and Skokie Valley. The estimated population for this region is 1.1 million residents.
- Across the United Way North-Northwest footprint 22% of students are low-income.
- In some parts of the northwest suburbs and Skokie Valley, more than 50% of 11th graders are not meeting ISAT performance criteria in reading and math.
- In select northwest communities, only 69% of 3rd graders are meeting or exceeding expectations on their ISAT math scores, which is significantly lower than the 86% meeting or exceeding at the state level.
- Even with a median income of $65,868, 49,500 people still live below the federal poverty level (approximatley $20,000 annual income for a family of four).
- Renters account for 27% of the households.
Speak United Blog
Recent media coverage illustrates United Way of Metropolitan Chicago’s role on different levels in leading and resourcing change in... Read more »
Join Flossmoor Station Restaurant & Brewery and South-Southwest Suburban United Way for a day of giving back just by... Read more »
United Way of Metropolitan Chicago has once again partnered with Chicagoland non-profit agencies to answer questions related to health... Read more »
Thank you to everyone who shared their gratitude for our great city and suburbs. We are grateful to live... Read more »
UWMC TweetsFollow @unitedwaychi
Your investment in @unitedwaychi can fund a food pantry, afterschool program and a job training program. Make you year end gift go further!
Avoid a penalty by enrolling in health care! Find out about options tonight from 6-9 at the Annoyance Theater! ow.ly/i/7SK0B
Remember to sign-up by Dec 15 for health coverage beginning Jan 1! Get more info at the Annoyance Theater on Monday night 6pm-9pm
Help UWMC make a difference for families and individuals across the region this holiday season. donate.uw-mc.org/page/contribut…