On Saturday May 9, let’s support our Letter Carriers during there annual food drive by leaving a grocery bag of non-perishables next to our mailboxes along with our regular mail delivery. Read More »
Education. Income. Health.
We envision a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives.
Learn more »
The Local Need:
As part of a network of support for LIVE UNITED 2020, United Way North-Northwest serves communities across the northwest suburbs and Skokie Valley. The estimated population for this region is 1.1 million residents.
- Across the United Way North-Northwest footprint 22% of students are low-income.
- In some parts of the northwest suburbs and Skokie Valley, more than 50% of 11th graders are not meeting ISAT performance criteria in reading and math.
- In select northwest communities, only 69% of 3rd graders are meeting or exceeding expectations on their ISAT math scores, which is significantly lower than the 86% meeting or exceeding at the state level.
- Even with a median income of $65,868, 49,500 people still live below the federal poverty level (approximatley $20,000 annual income for a family of four).
- Renters account for 27% of the households.
Speak United Blog
In honor of Mother’s Day and all the incredible mothers in our lives, UWMC staff shares the best advice they’ve ever received from moms! Happy Mother’s Day to all of the special women who support us every day! Read More »
In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week, United Way staff want to share shout outs and thank you’s to some of the teachers who have helped shape us into the people that we are today. Read More »
Thanks to all who joined in the fun for the 6th Annual United Way 5k last Saturday! More than 800 runners and volunteers spent a beautiful day at Cantigny Park in Wheaton raising $45,000 for critical resources in health access and education. Read More »
Meet Pat Bartler, a long-time United Way supporter and great friend of the organization. We asked Pat to share a little about how she became involved with United Way of Metropolitan Chicago and what has motivated her to stay engaged for many years. Read More »
UWMC TweetsFollow @unitedwaychi
Last day to register for our Golf Outing! Join us for a fun day while supporting education, income and health! uw-mc.org/ssw/golf-class…
Today we honor service men & women for your sacrifice and dedication to our country. We can't thank you enough for all you do. #MemorialDay
Happy Memorial Day Weekend! This means it's officially summer, right? It's finally here, #Chicago!
Golf, network and support our neighborhoods NEXT SATURDAY at our 7th Annual Golf Outing! uw-mc.org/ssw/golf-class…