Bright Star church, with support from University of Chicago Medicine, Northwestern Medicine and United Way of Metropolitan Chicago, is... Read more »
Education. Income. Health.
We envision a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives.
Learn more »
The Local Need:
As part of a network of support for LIVE UNITED 2020, United Way North-Northwest serves communities across the northwest suburbs and Skokie Valley. The estimated population for this region is 1.1 million residents.
- Across the United Way North-Northwest footprint 22% of students are low-income.
- In some parts of the northwest suburbs and Skokie Valley, more than 50% of 11th graders are not meeting ISAT performance criteria in reading and math.
- In select northwest communities, only 69% of 3rd graders are meeting or exceeding expectations on their ISAT math scores, which is significantly lower than the 86% meeting or exceeding at the state level.
- Even with a median income of $65,868, 49,500 people still live below the federal poverty level (approximatley $20,000 annual income for a family of four).
- Renters account for 27% of the households.
Speak United Blog
AT&T and their employees have been strong supporters of the United Way at the national and local levels for decades.... Read more »
More than 1,000 area residents and advocates packed Leman Middle School in West Chicago for a community block party... Read more »
As our Team United Way runners continue to train for the 2014 Bank of America Chicago Marathon, we’re sharing... Read more »
Watch an ABC7 interview with Jeanette Castellanos Butt, Vice President of Community Investment, who discusses United Way’s LIVE UNITED Neighborhood Networks model and the August 19 launch of our... Read more »
UWMC TweetsFollow @unitedwaychi
Talented kids join Exelon/ComEd/UWMC Stay in School Program at Art Institute launch event. Program achieved its first-ever 100% grad rate!
United Way congratulates #BronzevilleDreamCenter on unique approach to serving victims of violence.