Our very own Deirdre Asnis (UWMC Director of Corporate Programs and Projects) will be running for Team United Way... Read more »
Education. Income. Health.
We envision a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives.
Learn more »
The Local Need:
As part of a network of support for LIVE UNITED 2020, United Way North-Northwest serves communities across the northwest suburbs and Skokie Valley. The estimated population for this region is 1.1 million residents.
- Across the United Way North-Northwest footprint 22% of students are low-income.
- In some parts of the northwest suburbs and Skokie Valley, more than 50% of 11th graders are not meeting ISAT performance criteria in reading and math.
- In select northwest communities, only 69% of 3rd graders are meeting or exceeding expectations on their ISAT math scores, which is significantly lower than the 86% meeting or exceeding at the state level.
- Even with a median income of $65,868, 49,500 people still live below the federal poverty level (approximatley $20,000 annual income for a family of four).
- Renters account for 27% of the households.
Speak United Blog
Bright Star church, with support from University of Chicago Medicine, Northwestern Medicine and United Way of Metropolitan Chicago, is... Read more »
AT&T and their employees have been strong supporters of the United Way at the national and local levels for decades.... Read more »
More than 1,000 area residents and advocates packed Leman Middle School in West Chicago for a community block party... Read more »
As our Team United Way runners continue to train for the 2014 Bank of America Chicago Marathon, we’re sharing... Read more »