Wells Fargo Invests $300,000, Employee Volunteers in Austin Neighborhood Celebrates commitment with employee volunteer day Wells Fargo has announced a commitment to invest in the United Way Neighborhood Network Initiative in the Austin neighborhood on the city’s west side. Read More »
Education. Income. Health.
We envision a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives.
Learn more »
The Local Need:
As part of a network of support for LIVE UNITED 2020, United Way North-Northwest serves communities across the northwest suburbs and Skokie Valley. The estimated population for this region is 1.1 million residents.
- Across the United Way North-Northwest footprint 22% of students are low-income.
- In some parts of the northwest suburbs and Skokie Valley, more than 50% of 11th graders are not meeting ISAT performance criteria in reading and math.
- In select northwest communities, only 69% of 3rd graders are meeting or exceeding expectations on their ISAT math scores, which is significantly lower than the 86% meeting or exceeding at the state level.
- Even with a median income of $65,868, 49,500 people still live below the federal poverty level (approximatley $20,000 annual income for a family of four).
- Renters account for 27% of the households.
Speak United Blog
The holiday season is drawing near which means that United Way is gearing up for the annual holiday donation drive to support approximately 300 families in two United Way Neighborhood Network communities — Brighton Park on the Southwest Side of Chicago and Robbins/Blue Island in South Suburban Cook County. Read More »
Dear Friends and Supporters, As we enter a new school year after what we hope was a good summer for all of you, we thought it a good time to reach out and share more about the work and impact you’re making possible with your support of United Way of Metropolitan Chicago. Read More »
Next in our blog series is Apollo Moreno, a United Way Loaned Executive in the Major and Planned Gifts department. Read on to find out why Apollo decided to run for the United Way. Read More »
As our Team United Way runners continue to train for the 2015 Bank of America Chicago Marathon, we’re sharing their stories with all of you – their supporters! Read More »
UWMC TweetsFollow @unitedwaychi
Thanks for an amazing night "Banding Together for United Way!" http://t.co/L8Z5q5iZeO
Keep those donations coming in! Text ROCKSTAR, the dollar amount and your name to 4-1-4-4-4 to help Chicago area families in need!