Report from Xavier Ramey, Senior Manager of Community Investment – Income, United Way of Metropolitan Chicago For many people,... Read more »
Education. Income. Health.
We envision a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives.
Learn more »
The Local Need:
As part of a network of support for LIVE UNITED 2020, United Way North-Northwest serves communities across the northwest suburbs and Skokie Valley. The estimated population for this region is 1.1 million residents.
- Across the United Way North-Northwest footprint 22% of students are low-income.
- In some parts of the northwest suburbs and Skokie Valley, more than 50% of 11th graders are not meeting ISAT performance criteria in reading and math.
- In select northwest communities, only 69% of 3rd graders are meeting or exceeding expectations on their ISAT math scores, which is significantly lower than the 86% meeting or exceeding at the state level.
- Even with a median income of $65,868, 49,500 people still live below the federal poverty level (approximatley $20,000 annual income for a family of four).
- Renters account for 27% of the households.
Speak United Blog
How did you first get involved with United Way? I first got involved in United Way while working for... Read more »
Last July, United Way of Metropolitan Chicago was awarded a grant by the State of Illinois to help guide... Read more »
Joining United Way’s work bringing lasting positive change to the region in the areas of education, income, health and... Read more »
Cornerstone donation to accelerate the LIVE UNITED Neighborhood Network initiative United Way of Metropolitan Chicago (UWMC) today announced it... Read more »
UWMC TweetsFollow @unitedwaychi
United Way 5K & Kids Fun Run is in less than 2 weeks! Register now to join Team LIVE UNITED and get a snazzy T-shirt! http://t.co/CTd8H7iq2C