Tuesday, November 12, United Way North-Northwest and Chicago Bears Kicker Robbie Gould’s public charity, The Goulden Touch, teamed up... Read more »
Education. Income. Health.
We envision a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives. Learn more »
The Local Need:
As part of a network of support for LIVE UNITED 2020, United Way North-Northwest serves communities across the northwest suburbs and Skokie Valley. The estimated population for this region is 1.1 million residents.
- Across the United Way North-Northwest footprint 22% of students are low-income.
- In some parts of the northwest suburbs and Skokie Valley, more than 50% of 11th graders are not meeting ISAT performance criteria in reading and math.
- In select northwest communities, only 69% of 3rd graders are meeting or exceeding expectations on their ISAT math scores, which is significantly lower than the 86% meeting or exceeding at the state level.
- Even with a median income of $65,868, 49,500 people still live below the federal poverty level (approximatley $20,000 annual income for a family of four).
- Renters account for 27% of the households.
Speak United Blog
In an effort to continue to the United Way Young Leaders Society (YLS) focus on volunteerism, several committee members... Read more »
October 1, 2013 marked the beginning of a new era of health insurance in America. The Affordable Care Act... Read more »
United Way and its partners need your help to rebuild lives and communities in the Philippines. Your contribution to... Read more »
This year, United Way’s Young Leaders Society (YLS) has made on-going volunteerism their top priority. As a result, YLS... Read more »