Share your holiday cheer with a family in need in one of UWMC’s Neighborhood Network communities! Your generous gift... Read more »
Education. Income. Health.
We envision a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives.
Learn more »
The Local Need:
As part of a network of support for LIVE UNITED 2020, United Way North-Northwest serves communities across the northwest suburbs and Skokie Valley. The estimated population for this region is 1.1 million residents.
- Across the United Way North-Northwest footprint 22% of students are low-income.
- In some parts of the northwest suburbs and Skokie Valley, more than 50% of 11th graders are not meeting ISAT performance criteria in reading and math.
- In select northwest communities, only 69% of 3rd graders are meeting or exceeding expectations on their ISAT math scores, which is significantly lower than the 86% meeting or exceeding at the state level.
- Even with a median income of $65,868, 49,500 people still live below the federal poverty level (approximatley $20,000 annual income for a family of four).
- Renters account for 27% of the households.
Speak United Blog
The Windy City, Second City, Chitown, Chicagoland, City of Big Shoulders, The Chi, and sometimes….Chiberia No matter what we... Read more »
Hub Feeder Drivers of UPS Local 705 and 710 gathered at the CACH facility (Chicago Area Consolidated Hub) on November... Read more »
The Downtown Naperville Alliance marks the beginning of every holiday season with a series of sculptures sponsored by local businesses... Read more »
Our very own Deirdre Asnis (UWMC Director of Corporate Programs and Projects) will be running for Team United Way... Read more »
UWMC TweetsFollow @unitedwaychi
Congratulations to @ChildServ on the occasion of their 120th Anniversary Gala. We’re so proud to work with you.
Spread the joy this holiday by adopting a family with UWMC! uw-mc.org/united-way-ado…