The Southeast DuPage Health Initiative (SDHI) is a free health clinic in Westmont for low-income adults made possible by collaboration between Access DuPage, the DuPage Community Clinic, the DuPage Health Department and United Way of DuPage/West Cook. The clinic provides basic health services on-site and connects patients to additional affordable medical services and prescription medications through a network of local medical partners. SDHI patients receive comprehensive medical care and preventative services in an accessible, affordable and trusted manner to improve their overall health and wellness.
Services offered by SDHI
SDHI provides 10 primary services as the need has identified:
- Primary on-site medical care at the Westmont center
- Specialty medical care at multiple private physician groups
- Diagnostic testing at DuPage hospitals
- Free or low-cost prescription medications
- Hospital services at all DuPage hospitals
- Oral health services at several DuPage clinics
- Mental health services at several clinics and hospitals
- WIC and other special clinics through the DuPage County Health Department
- Case management through Access DuPage
- Patient navigation through Access DuPage and the Health Department
SDHI’s community partnerships:
SDHI works with eight DuPage County hospitals, about 700 DuPage physicians, DuPage Community Clinic, Access Community Health Network, DuPage County Health Department, DuPage County Board of Health, DuPage townships, Illinois Department of Human Services and myriad DuPage Human services agencies. Because of these extensive partnerships, the initiative is able to provide a comprehensive set of medical and ancillary services to clients.
Who is eligible to use SDHI services?
Basic eligibility criteria requires that members:
- are residents of DuPage County for at least the past 30 days
- are under age 65
- have a household income below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level
- have no medical insurance
- are not eligible for private or public health coverage programs (e.g., Medicaid, Medicare, Veterans Benefits, etc.)
Clients come primarily from Addison, Woodridge, Westmont, Downers Grove, Lisle, Villa Park, Lombard, Naperville and Glen Ellyn, among others.